Water: Office of Wetlands, Oceans & Watersheds
Wetlands, Oceans, and Watersheds
- Fact sheet on EPA resources to facilitate watershed management (PDF) (4 pp, 3.4MB, About PDF)
- National Lakes Assessment Report
- Report of the State-EPA Nutrient Innovations Task Group
- OWOW 2010 Annual Report (PDF) (20 pp, 5.6MB, About PDF)
- Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force
- Chesapeake Bay Executive Order
- EPA Water Quality Video Contest
- Multimedia content
- Subscribe to Watershed Academy Webcast podcasts
We all live in a watershed — the area that drains to a common waterway, such as a stream, lake, estuary, wetland, aquifer, or even the ocean — and our individual actions can directly affect it. Working together using a watershed approach will help protect our nation's water resources. Wetlands are important elements of a watershed because they serve as the link between land and water resources. Oceans, coasts, and estuaries provide critical natural habitat and recreational areas for our nation. With coastal populations increasing, pressures on oceans and coastal waters are growing.
OWOW has launched a new outreach campaign to help spread the word about the findings from the National Lakes Assessment (NLA). According to the NLA, poor lakeshore habitat and excess nutrients are leading stressors affecting the quality of our nation's lakes. Download our new Natural Lakeshores Widget and help spread the word about clean lakes and healthy lakeshores. The widget includes a series of ten tips for improved shoreline stewardship focusing on natural lakeshores.
Recent News and Updates
- October 2, 2014: Registration now open for Oct. 29, 2014 Watershed Academy Webcast on “Climate Resilience: What to Expect, How to Prepare, and What You Can Learn from Others"
- June 3, 2014: Archived Version of Webcast on "Living Shorelines – Types, Tools and Techniques” is now available
- May 1, 2014: Registration now open for May 14, 2014 Watershed Academy Webcast on "Living Shorelines: Types, Tools and Techniques"
- March 28, 2014: Registration now open for April 7, 2014 Watershed Academy Webcast on “Waters of the U.S. Proposed Rule”
- March 4, 2014: Registration now open for March 25, 2014 Watershed Academy Webcast on "Improve Water Quality by Using Cover Crops and Other Conservation Practices"